Do You know?
Tax Deduction & Collection Account Number (TAN) is a 10 digit alpha-numeric code required to be obtained by all persons who are responsible for Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) or Tax Collection at Source (TCS) on behalf of the Government. Under the Income Tax Act, a payer is required to deduct tax at appropriate rates, from payments of specific nature (like salary, payments to contractor or sub-contractors, professional charges, payment of rent, etc) and deposit the same with Central Government – quoting the TAN number. Individuals who are salaried are not required to obtain TAN or deduct tax at source.
- Proof of Identity (in case of individual)
- Proof of Address (in case of individual)
- Proof of date of birth (in case of individual)
- Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Companies (for Companies)
- Copy of Certificate of Registration of Firm / LLP and Partnership deed (in case of Firms)